
I remember when car alarms were new, and one would go off ... this is, what, 15 years ago? I would RUN out of my house with all the surrounding neighbors to protect the poor car!
It would BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP by way of emitting its "fear cry," and i would SPRINT down the blog to PROTECT IT!
I remember the neighborhood really bonding when that would happen, as all of us neighbors would stand vigil in a "hands around the car" position all night long, sleeping in shifts, lighting a street fire to keep the Pontiac or Chrysler or Buick warm and putting blankets over the BEEEPing car to protect and calm it.
I was so involved in this "Car Protection Movement" ("CPM"!) that was sweeping the nation at the time that I missed my brother's wedding (I was supposed to be his best man!) and missed so much work from staying up all night protecting car-alarm-emitting Volvos and Fiestas and Focuses that I got fired and wound up homeless, which gave me still MORE time to protect the threatened cars on my* block!
(* I say "my," but at this point it wasn't really "my" block anymore since I'd lost my home and now lived in the alley behind my former home and the former homes of my neighbors, who had mostly, like me, gotten fired from sleeping in too many times after protecting cars all night!)
In fact, I'll attach a photo of people protecting a car! Let's see what I come up with in a photo search and whether it will enhance the comic effect of this Note!
Oh wow! I found a photo of what we used to do calm BEEEPing, upset cars! We'd wrap them in plastic like in this photos!
I'm almost always happy when I'm using lots of exclamation marks, btw! Just fyi!