3/11/08

Horse Sense



I like to start each day with a viewing of a majestic horse.

Then I creatively visualize for 45 minutes about all the stuff I want in life.

Then I exercise for an hour, vigorously

Except before and after that I do warm-up then cool-down yoga, with shivasana at the end where I clear my head.

Also I dream-journal every day, and do my morning pages of free-writing for my Artist's Way course of creative recuperation I'm doing.

Then I chop wood for the evening's fire.

Then I reproduce some Historic Landmark in clay, to gaze at and contemplate while I prepare my Food for the Week, which includes a base of rice, then lots and lots and lots of lunch meat and the occasional cherry tomato and tarragon sauce.

Then I meditate.

Then I soak in the bath with my scented candles all going at maximum levels.

Then I go out and work on my Styrofoam half-unicorn-half-Larry-King sculpture that I'm making in my uncle's garage.

Then I have to be at work for a while putting the handles on buckets and also massaging travelers in the nearby youth hostel.

Then I'll come home in the afternoon for some nice barbecue with my neighbor Jeff, who's an expert on Asian history, so he'll just talk and talk and talk and talk about Japanese woodblock prints and the Ming Dynasty and how it apparently invented latex.

Though I may have dreamed this last detail, since I'm usually asleep in his kids' plastic lawn pool by this time.

I just ... I just have all this ANGER, you know?

*breaks down weeping*
*weeping for the beauty of the horse photo at the top of this blog*
*weeping for the CHILDREN, dammit! for the CHILDREN!*